Do you only write cyberpunk?
Actually I write what I feel like. To date that has included cyberpunk, space opera, dark fantasy and humorous crime.
Is it hard to get published?
It sure is. But don’t let that stop you. I didn’t. It only made me more determined. Just be prepared to work hard and grow crocodile skin.
Are you available for workshops and conventions?
I am very happy to attend conventions where I can and I try and make it to most panels, discussions and seminars that I am invited to participate in. I’m also available to run seminars, time permitting, on various topics including: So You Want To be a Writer? What Now?, A Writer’s Perspective on Agent’s and How to Become a Professional Writer.
Some of my previous invited appearances include:
- Sisters in Crime: with Tara Moss and Emma Boling
- New Zealand National SF Convention: Australian Guest of Honour
- Supanova Pop Expo, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney: Guest
- Thylacon (Australian National Science Fiction Convention): Guest of Honour
- Fandomedia: Interstate Guest of Honour
- Brisbane Writers Festival: Guest
- University of Queensland: Guest Lecturer
- Queensland Writers Centre: Wordpool, Seminars
Do you mentor other writers?
Yes, I have been involved in several mentoring programs both through the Queensland Writers Centre and Fantastic Queensland. I also try to privately mentor colleagues where time and opportunity presents.